Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bed Rest It is..............

So by the time noon rolled around on Wednesday, it was the longest I have ever been pregnant. I'm really starting to get nervous as is Kevin b/c from now on it's new territory. None of us know what to really expect from here on out. We went to the doctor yesterday and I was 37 weeks and 2 days. I didn't feel real well so I knew something was probably going to happen. Well of course when we get to the doctor's office, my doctor is running behind which rarely ever happens. I go back get weighed, and actually lost 3 lbs from the week before which is probably even more unlikely and then they take the infamous blood pressure. My blood pressure has always been an issue. It's what caused me to be induced at 37 weeks with Mason and it has been an issue this time around as well but early on rather than later. Well yesterday it was 172/88. Which is not good. But the good news was that I didn't have any protein in my urine and I had lost weight. So Dr. Gates was kind of baffled why my bp was high. So he immediately said, "Bed Rest". He said I probably wasn't pre-eclamptic, but he was sending me to the hospital lab to have blood work done and if anything came back abnormal I was to be admitted. He thinks that my bp was automatically shooting up whenever I got up and moved around, so bed rest it is. Thank god, my blood work came back normal and everything is ok. I was only dialated 1 cm so from now on I'm only supposed to get up to go to the bathroom, get something to eat or take a shower.

Let me just to tell you that it SUCKS! I hate just sitting around especially when I don't FEEL that bad and I think I should be doing something. So now instead of going to the doctor once a week, I now have to go twice a week. So my next appointment is Tuesday. Hopefully we can keep Molly happy a little while longer! I've been saying for a week or two now that I'm just ready to be done. But after yesterday and knowing it could really be anytime, I'm NOT ready. LOL. I guess it's really out of my hands at this point.

I'll keep everyone posted as things progress. It's crazy to think we are finally getting to the end!

2 comments:

Neina said...

You have to stay off your feet and let little Molly finish up inside....Take advantage of this time, it won't be long until your life will really be FUN....Anyway mammaw wants her to wait until school is done on Thursday....Love Ya..

Kasey said...

Hey April!! Congrats on the new little one coming soon! Take care of yourself and that little girl! Enjoy this time, pretty soon you will wish you could just have 15 minutes with nothing to do! Haha. Take care and good luck! Im sure she will be perfect!